Tuesday 10 September 2013

Mascara review!! Part 1

I have decided to do a review on a few of my mascaras comparing them and testing their claims out. There are so many different mascaras that is it hard to decided which ones are good and which one are less so.  For each mascara I have looked at their claims and the way they work as well as the brush (this is a very important part ). 
So lets begin first up is Rimmel's Volume lash Scandaleyes mascara in Black:
This mascara claims to give super volume whilst leaving no lash uncovered .
I agree that this mascara does cover all the lashes but ends up leaving lashes clumpy. The brush is also pretty big making it hard to manipulate to inner lashes.
I give this mascara 6/10.

Next up is Benefit They're Real mascara in Black: 
This mascara claims to make your lashes look as good as false ones and up to 3x longer than other mascaras. 
This mascara dosn't leave my lashes looking as good as if I was wearing falsies but it does increase the length which helps to open up my eyes. I really like the brush on this mascara especially the end as it is great at getting right into the corner of my eye. 
I give this mascara 7/10.

I now have 3 Maybelline mascaras the first being Rocket Volum' in Black: 
This mascara claims to create massive volume and ,because of the easy glide brush, a clump free look.
This mascara does create some volume but it's quite intermittent I think to get a really full lash look it would need 3-4 coats. The brush is lovely, it can get really close to the root of the lash helping to lift up the lashes. 
I give this mascara 7/10.

The second Maybelline mascara is The Falsies is Black Drama:

The claims for this mascara are similar to the Benefit one with the addition of creating a dramatic look. 
I like how the mascara creates a wider base to my lashes which gives a dramatic look. Because of the extra fibres in the formula it has left the length of my lashes a bit uneven. The brush is quite good as it fits to my eye shape but I feel it could have had a few more bristles. 
I give this mascara 8/10.

Finally is Maybelline mega plush volum' mascara:
The claims for this mascara are a soft, smooth application and, because of the flexor brush, no lashes uncovered. 
Application was smooth and the brush did help get to inner lashes which is great :) The way the brush is on this mascara has helped to separate my lashes too meaning more lashes are covered. It leaves my lashes looking natural but could be build-able with more coats. 
I give this mascara 9/10.

So I'm still on the hunt for a mascara that is 10/10 maybe I should try a higher end brand to see if that could help with results. 

  What is your favourite mascara?

Tarra x

1 comment:

  1. great reviews! thank your for commenting on my blog you asked about the buttons I have replied to your post ! so check back and see :)

    ReplyDelete