Sunday 30 December 2012

New year Make up look...

New Years is upon us and its a great time to experiment with make up looks. I myself am not going out this New Years as I'm going to spend the evening with my friend Jenna who has just had a baby :)

Even though I am not going out I thought I would try out a look for the occasion. 

So first lets start with a before and after....

 Here I am no make up or nothing hair scraped back and ready to apply the make up.

Here is the finished look, I definatily look more awake if thats the only thing this look achieved, well I'm happy :) If i was going out with this look I would wear my hair down and with loose curls. I also think I would change the lipstick to some thing brighter.


Lets go right from the beginning......


First of all I need to create the base for my face. To do this I applied The Body Shop BB cream in Shade 01 all over my face.This product is great because the formula adapts to your skin tone leaving a even skin tone and even though it is lightweight it cover any blemishes you might have.

Then to set the BB cream I have used Body Shops All in One Face Base in Shade 02. This is a lovely powder it leaves your skin matt but not cakey looking.

For contouring I used Body Shops Honey Bronze Powder in Shade 02. I placed this along the hollow of my cheeks just under my cheek bones. 

After this I used the Kroyolan Blush I got in the December Glossybox. I really do love this colour its great for the winter/ spring months. 

The last thing to do on my face before we move onto eyes it to apply concealer to my under eye area. I have chosen to use Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection concealer in shade number 02. This concealer had been talked about by lots of other bloggers and reviewed as being amazing and I do not disagree it is super. If I feel tired or like I have huge dark circles I pop this on and my eyes instantly feel and look more awake.


Right onto the eyes. My first eye product is from my E.L.F little black book in warm. I have chosen to use the dark cranberry colour and I applied this all over my lid. 
Once that is all over my lid I need to blend it out so that there is no harsh edges I want this colour to be smudged out across my eyelid.

I then apply the Pale silver from my Body Shop blue Shimmer cube into the inner corner of my eyelid making sure to blend as I go. Using the same Shimmer cube Im going to take the black and apply this to my crease.

Once all these colours are blended together I went back in with the cranberry colour and put this in a circular motion onto the centre of my eyelid creating the look I wanted.

As this is a New Years look I wanted it to be quite dramatic with big lashes and lots of eyeliner.
First I am going to use two eyeliners both from The Body Shop. One is a liquid and the other a pencil. I applied the liquid one along my top lash line and the pencil one on my water line.

Finally for mascara I used Rimmel's Glam eyes Day2Nnight. I got this mascara for christmas from my mam and when I first looked at the product I was sceptical because I didn't understand what the different sections did or how they worked but after trying it out and experimenting with it I fully understand how its meant to be used. I love the effect it has had on my lashes its made them look full and volumised.


There we have it step by step on how I achieved my New Years look. I really like it now its finished. For a more sparkly look I would add a glitter pigment over the top but unfortunately mine had a date with my bedroom carpet and I havn't had time to replace it.

How are you going to do your make up for New Years?


Tarra x



No comments:

Post a Comment