Monday 27 October 2014

New job, New town, New opportunities!

Shortly after returning from New York I got a letter thorough the post... It was an offer of interview from Beamish Museum in County Durham! I had been to the museum a few times whilst at university but never considered it as a place of work.

 A few days after my interview I recieved a phone call offering me a seasonal job only a 0-37 hours contract... This was scary because some weeks you could get no hours but I was getting so fed up with the way thing were I needed a change. 

So jumped the gun and took the job within a week I had moved from Yorkshire to a town called Crook in County Durham. This could have been really daunting but my friend Jenna helped me settle in and was there when I needed a friend :) 

Now everything has changed I have recieved a winter contract within the museum. I have also met and moved in with my wonderful boyfriend! I now live in the museum and have made many new friends! 

I'm now looking into going back to college to study media make up whilst continuing my work at Beamish! 

I'm so glad I took the chance and dared to jump in with all I have! 

         Tarra x

No comments:

Post a Comment