Monday 6 April 2015

Slimming world journey so far….

Hello lovely people,
  Sorry for the absence again!! I have been so wrapped up in real life recently I haven't had time to dedicate to my blog. But things are a little less hectic now….well thats a lie as the summer season at work has just begun so I am going to be so busy but I am more organised so hopefully I should be posting regularly!

 The aim of this post is to tell you about my Slimming world journey so far!

Since meeting my boyfriend last year he  has treated me like a princess and took me out, bought me sweet treats and we just generally got comfortable with each other, which on one hand is bloody lovely but on the other, the scales were beginning to really hate me!
After a trip to the Drs I was made aware of slimming world and how because my BMI was high I could get a free trial, so not wanting to be fat any more and realising I needed to change I took the opportunity.

Since joining I have really changed my diet and outlook on eating and drinking :)
The group I go to is great, everyone is really supportive, we talk about any struggles within the week and recieve tips and help from other members which is really good as everyone just bounces ideas off each other :)

So like I said I had got to my heaviest and just wasn't happy with the way I looked.

I have been going to group for 10 weeks now and I must say I love it! In those weeks I have had ups and downs, cries of happiness and sadness! But I can now say I am 1 stone 1 pound lighter and well on my way to getting to the weight I want to be!


Since beginning Slimming world I have also learnt to cook so many more meals that before, I could cook the basics but now I am making really good healthy food that all of my family can enjoy.


I got myself a new recipe book from paper chase and have been filling it with lovely meals!


Below I want to share with you some images of my favourite meals I have been making for me, my boyfriend and his kids. His eldest Liam has even been enjoying helping me in the kitchen which is great to see.









So first up is Spaghetti Bolognese, I feel I am getting really good at making this dish. I love it using mince or even steak :)

Next is Chicken Chow mein, I love adding different vegetables each time to create a different taste each time :)

This one doesn't need much explaining!! PIZZA!! :D

Finally is my kind of made up Chicken and Chickpea curry, after a few different versions the one pictured is deffo the best, the taste is lovely!

So there you have it my slimming world journey so far, I hope to achieve so much more as I feel I have got the buzz for losing weight and also for cooking!

Tarra x

SW 14 stone 13 pounds
CW 13 stone 12 pounds
TW 10 stone 4 pounds

3 stone 8 pounds to go!!





No comments:

Post a Comment