Wednesday 30 December 2015

Christmas 2015

I decided this year not to travel home to be with my parents and brother but to stay up north with Phil and his two little boys. Liam is 7 and Max is 2.  It was lovely to just be in our house cooking the dinner and watching the kids open their presents.

A few weeks before christmas we put up the christmas tree here are a few pictures:


Liam and Max both really enjoyed putting the tinsel and decorations on the tree. 

Its great how you can really tell they helped, the baubles are not neatly spread out and hung in size order but it looks fantastic because we did it as a family!

In our house we have a coal fire and leading up to christmas when the nights are cold it is so nice to be able to cosy up with a real fire and watch crappy films and tv.











The weeks leading up to christmas seemed to fly buy and I was busy working lots and lots as well as buying presents for friends and family. 

I had decided I was going to make Phil a scrap book as one of his presents as a memory of all this things we have done together :) 

I managed to find a plain scrapbook which didn't have slots for photos from WHSmiths for £16.99, I wanted a book without slots so I could be creative on how I laid out the photos. I think I am going to do another blog post dedicated just to how I did the scrapbook so look out for that.

My mam had been to visit in the first week of december she delivered all the gifts for me, Phil, Liam and Max. She definitely went over board but we received some really lovely things!


On christmas day me and Phil woke up really early and decided we would go downstairs and open our presents as the kids mam wasn't dropping them off until 10am. It was so nice to be together this year and see each others face when we were opening the gifts. I was well and truly spoilt this year!!


He got me everything I had asked Santa for and more.

Phil did decide to play a trick on me though as I had been really hoping for some UGG boots and when we put all the presents out there wasn't a shoe box shaped one there and I'm not going to lie I was a little gutted. He let me open everything else and I was so grateful for all the lovely things he had got me.. 








And the a few mins later he came back over with another box and this one was shoe boxed shaped and lucky me it was some UGG boots! I was so happy that I cried I know it sad crying over shoes but I had really wanted them.

I also received some great gifts from other family and friends including a hair curler, perfume, ornaments, candles, make up and a beautiful necklace from my friend Jodie it is one of the nicest gifts I've ever received. It is silver with a tiny little bird pendant! Thanks so much everybody!



Phil made me laugh when he was opening his presents as he was sat on the floor with crossed legs like a child, I was really happy to see him smiling because It means me and santa did a good job on his presents too :) 






I think Phil's favourite present was his sunderland shirt, recently he has been going to a lot more matches I though t it only right he has a shirt to wear so he can support his team in style :P






Now on to the main event the kids arrived and were so excited to see if Santa had been! Max wasn't feeling 100% as he had been poorly the night before at his mam's but he was still enjoying opening his presents.





 I really think the boys loved all of their presents, Liam got a huge box of lego from Santa and some more off my mam.  He went straight upstairs to play with it and build some models they are fantastic!











  



Just look at how cute his little house is with the smoke coming out of the chimney, so great he really loves it and is super creative and imaginative when he lets himself be.




Me and Phil had never made a full Christmas dinner by ourselves before and we decided we would do it together so I put the turkey in and Phil prepared the vegetables. Then once it was ready we all sat down to eat our lovely lunch!







After lunch we went and visited Phil's Uncle and Aunt which was really nice and the kids got to play with the other children of the family :)
It was such a great day but as the day went on Max started feeling poorly again so we let him watch one of his new DVDs and cuddle up with his Mickey mouse. Bless him, I think as well as feeling poorly it was all just too much for him.

So over all I loved pretty much the whole day and I am so glad I decided to stay at home with Phil and the kids. I hope you all had great Christmases too and Santa brought you lots of lovely things!

Tarra 
xx


As usual here are some more pictures :













2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this was the cutest! Loved reading this! So nice that you all have a lovely Christmas :) so awesome to see! Thank you for you lovely comment on my blog as well! Can't wait to read more of your posts! Em xx

    http://edoublemamurray.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) we really did have a lovely time. I look forward to seeing more of your posts too. I have followed your blog now so I will get too. Jess xx

      Delete