Thursday 24 December 2015

Work Christmas party 2015.

Hello,
So this week was my work Christmas party and I really wanted to get an outfit with a little bit of glitz to it. I search all over and tried on many dresses. Eventually I settled on this one from New Look.


Its hard to see in this picture but the dress has tiny gold sparkles all over it.
I really like the skater style dresses so this one was perfect and I was guaranteed to be comfy and able to dance my socks off :)


The dress is velvet which always reminds me of being a child at Christmas going to see my grandparents as I had a velvet dress then (was all the range in the 90's)

Once I decided on this dress I needed to find a bag to keep all my essential xmas party stuff in. (lipstick, money, id)

I was looking for a nice black clutch with maybe a bit of glitter on. What I came across was not even close but so much more amazing I had to buy it…..



Look at it its so glittery and christmassy and a star!! What more could you ever want!
This bag comes with a gold chain strap to wear over the shoulder and has a push clasp. I paid £14.99 for it and I think that is great.


Along with my dress and bag I wore black tights and my chelsea style boots, I think all together it was a pretty casual look but the hints of glitter gave it that christmas feel.

If you have been following my blog you will know I have been trying to lose some weight.  I have recently received my 1 1/2 stone award which I am really proud of achieving especially around christmas time as usually this would be the time of year I pig out.

I think in my self I am really starting to be able to see
difference not only in my body but in confidence too.





So now onto make up, with it being a christmas party you have to go with shimmery eyes and a red lip.
   


I did keep it pretty simple on the eyes though as the lip is going to be so bold I didn't want to over do it.

I used Urban Decay Half Baked eye shadow all over the lid to create the base.
Then I used Mac Woodwinked in the crease to create definition.


Then all I did was added some liner and mascara and my eyes are ready.








Next for the lips, I used a Rimmel Apocalips in Burning Lava. It is a very bright red but unlike the normal Apocalips this was one of the matte ones which gives great colour pay off but no shine.

I really like the make up look I wore for my christmas party :)


What did you guys wear to your xmas parties?


Thats it for now 
Tarra 
xx


Extra pictures below :P














No comments:

Post a Comment