Wednesday 13 February 2013

February Glossybox!...

Wooo second box of the year has arrived! And this months theme is of course Valentines day!
The box its self it different to usual, it is still pink but has a darker pink flower bow design on the lid of the box. I think it looks rather lovely. Inside the box there is the usual tissue paper, ribbon and sticker :)
Right time to look inside and see what I have got this month. Im glad to see a few more make up products this month. As well as some full size products :)

So first up is the Sassoon Professional Spray shine, this product is meant to make you hair have a healthy glow and feel soft and luxurious. I tested it out on my hair and I did see a difference in the amount of shine my hair had but apart from that it didn't make my hair feel softer or healthier. The smell is okay but is quite alcohol-y which is a little bit off putting.  The full size of this product is (250ml) £14.89 making my 50ml sample worth £2.97, another thing I like about this product is the size it is great to just throw in my bag.


Next I see a product from a brand I have been sent before in a Glossybox. The product is by Anatomicals and is their You need a Blooming shower! It is a body cleanser which smell of rose and jasmine, the smell is not horrible but not one I want my body to smell of I think the rose is too over powering. The cleanser its self is a pinky colour and foams up really well. I think it makes a great shower gel just a shame about the smell. Full size product is 300ml for £5 which makes my sample of 150ml worth £2.50.


Now onto the first make up product I received. It is a lip stick by the brand Miners. The colour I have been sent is called Dreamer and is a lovely dusky pink, it has great pigmentation and moisturising qualities. For me the best parts about this lipstick are the packaging and the taste. ( I licked my lips and it tasted like hubba bubba bubble gum) I love receiving lip products in Glossybox because i'm always trying to find great new colours and brands. This is the first of the full size products 4g for £3.99 which makes the brand affordable. :)

The next product is from a brand I haven't heard of before Micabella cosmetics have provided a Mineral eye shadow in the shade Intelligence. This eye shadow is a pigment so when I opened my pot a little product went everywhere but that aside the colour I have is lovely it is a bronze/gold. The shimmer in the shadow is stunning it is very reflective great for nights out or I guess date nights. The sample its self is a little disappointing it is very small and I would have liked a bit more product. The full size of this product is (2.5g) £14.95 which makes my sample of 1g worth £5.98. One of the great things about this product is the water proof qualities it has which hopefully will mean even in pouring rain or a breakdown it won't smudge :)
























The final sample is the MeMeMe FatCat Volumising mascara in black. I have had products from the brand MeMeMe before but I haven't ever had one of their mascaras. I like the fact they have sent black as I'm not to keen on brown mascaras. They say that the whiskered brush gives puuurrrfect eye catching results. I think it is a nice mascara but nothing to rave about. I wouldn't go out and buy it but it will get used. The packaging of this product is lush.  This is the second full size product in my box and is worth £7.99

As it is Valentines day this month Glossybox added in a little gift. A yummy heart shaped lolly :) It was very nice, I ate it straight away!

So this months box was definitely better than the January box the product inside were much more suited to me and I love them all apart from the anatomicals body cleanser the smell just isn't one I will use. But over all well done Glossybox you have redeemed your selves!

The total price of my box this month is £23.43 which is great for the £10 +pp you pay for the box :)

Im so happy with my box did you like your products? Let me know!

Tarra x





2 comments:

  1. Hiya, just found your blog through the Bzz f/b page and thought i'd have a wee read. What's the glossybox all about if you don't mind me asking? x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glossy box is a subscription service where every month you get 5 luxury samples :) its really good as you never know what the samples are going to be! to read more about it click the link on the side of my blog or visit glossybox.com. I recommend it though I love getting my box each month :) xx

    ReplyDelete