Saturday 16 February 2013

Friends date makeup :)

So as it was valentines day this week I decided I would do my friends make up as if they were going on dates.
I really like how the looks turned out and will be trying them out on myself sometime.
For my friend Lauren I wanted to make her skin look flawless and radiant as she had a few blemishes. 

To create the look I use Rimmel's wake me up foundation all over the face. This foundation is great because it instantly brightens up the face and gives a medium coverage. To cover any blemishes I used the Collection 2000 concealer the coverage of this concealer is amazing and hides any problem areas. 
Next for her eyes I used a range of browns and golds to give her eyes a neutral but interesting look. To add depth I added some liquid liner across her upper lash line this defines her eyes.
For mascara I used two different ones, I used the E.L.F. 3 in 1 mascara which just helps to create a lovely base on her lashes. Making them appear longer. The next mascara is Rimmel's Scandaleyes, this mascara is super it gives the lashes so much volume. To finish Lauren's look I added a blush from The Body Shop to give her cheeks a rosy glow. Finally for the lips I applied MAC's New york apple. This is a cranberry colour with a hint of shimmer. I really like the look of this on Lauren's lips.

Next on to Tanya, I wanted to define her eyes more whilst keeping the rest of her look subtle and fresh. 
To create this look I first applied E.L.f.'s Flawless foundation all over her face this evens out her skin tone ready to apply concealer to any problem areas. I applied the concealer to her under eye are and on her chin. For eyes I used different shades of pink to create a girly date look. 

As you can see a light pink was placed all over the eye and the a darker fuchsia colour was places in the outer corner then blended to create the final look. To add more definition to her eyes I added quite thick eye liner to her top lash line. I think this really opens up her eyes and make them the key feature on her face. 

For Mascara I used MeMeMe's FatCat mascara, Tanyas top lashes were not as defined as her bottom ones in the before so I used this mascara to even out the definition. On top of this mascara I added one coat of Rimmel's Day to Night just to add to the length.

For blush I used a lovely dusky pink colour from E.L.F called Innocence, it gives Tanya a natural flush. 

For lips I tried three different lipsticks before I finally decided on one.

The 3 I tried out were The Body Shop number 54, Revlon's lip butter in peach parfait and Rimmel's Kate moss in Soft pink. In the end I went for The Body Shop one because The shimmer it brought to her lips was lovely and it made her lips look healthy and full.

I really enjoyed doing their make up and have already had a request to do one of my other friends make up. 

What do you think? How did you do your make up for valentines day?

Tarra x

No comments:

Post a Comment