Sunday 24 January 2016

Discovering decorative planning…..

I recently found a link to a video on youtube about decorative planning. After exploring more into what it was I became slightly hooked. Most of the videos and images are based on the Life Planner by Erin Condren which is an American company. Unfortunately being in the UK the shipping of one of these planners is crazy high, so I decided to just get a regular 2016 diary and come up with my own style of planning. I have only done two weeks so far and I am really liking how they are turning out.


This is the first week before I decorated it just looks so plain. I had been to Hobby Craft to buy some washi tape and coloured paper so I could decorate the week, this is how it turned out. 
So I went for a pink and blue theme with hints of gold and floral. I like my little icons I have drawn on using black felt marker, especially the camera and washing machine. Also I really like the flags of opposite coloured card I have used to show my work schedule and pay days.
Onto to the next week and I have decided I would like to do a grey and silver theme. I found some really bright animal stickers that I have used to decorate the pages.

I don't like how this spread has turned out as much as the first one because I feel it is too busy and things are just scribbled down. I had received my order of stickers from the Etsy shop sellers Plan with Jade and Plannabledesigns. I really like the little meal plan sticker marking what we had for tea over the weekend, however I feel it just needs fine tuning and a little bit more practice. I am going to do a separate blog post for my Plan with Jade spread as I bought a whole sticker set from her in the theme 'Wizard of Oz'.

What do you think to decorative planning? I really wish I could afford an Erin Condren as there are so many beautiful stickers created just for this planner.

Tarra 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment