Wednesday 13 January 2016

Disney make up look….

I recently re watched the 2015 Cinderella and fell back in love with it. I love how magical it is and because its live action it feels more like real life. (I'm such a disney loser) Anyway I decided I would try and re create Cinderella's hair and make up in today's post.
Below are some images of Lily James who is the actress who played Cinderella in the film.

























 In the film they have kept her make up really simple and natural which I think is going to be quite easy to replicate. Her hair on the other hand is a mixture of plaits and curls and twists I will have to play around to get it right.














So here is the finished hair. I basically took a inch section from either side of my head and braided it, then secured it with an elastic and twisted it up onto of my head. Then with the remaining hair I used my curlers to add wavy curls. Above is a close up of the braid detail which sits on the back of the head.

I think it has turned out quite well. If I was to recreate this look I would have parted my hair down the middle like Lily James's hair.




Next for the make up, I used a foundation which has a dewy finish as Cinderella has really glowy, healthy looking skin. Normally at this point I would use bronzer to contour but Cinderella has no contouring just a dusting of blush on the cheeks.
Onto eyes I used a matte brown shade from my Naked palette all over my lid making sure I used a fluffy brush to shade the shadow out. I then used a darker shade to apply to the crease, before using a light shimmers shade to just add a little bit of highlight.
A couple of layers of mascara later and it on to the lips. I used a pinky gloss all over before adding a darker pink matte lipstick to give me a similar colour to Cinderella.

I have really enjoyed doing this look. It is really simple but I think in the film the simplicity is what makes her look princess-like.

So here is the finished look:




What do you think? Would you wear this hair style?Who is you favourite Disney princess?

                               Tarra xx

More pictures below :)





No comments:

Post a Comment