Monday 17 December 2012

December Glossybox!

This is my 3rd Glossybox but only my 1st review. The december box arrived friday and I must say before I even saw any of the products I was impressed. 
The box design was lovely a silver box with usual Glossybox logo but once opened instead of the usual pink tissue and pink ribbon I was greeted with silver ribbon and black starry tissue paper :) very lush!
So time to look at what actually is in the December box, normally you get 5 samples but this month because its christmas Glossybox treated us to an extra product :)   




So lets start with the bad. The Lemon by Mary Greenwell eau de parfum sample. The packaging is really striking and appropriate for the scents name.


Im not going to lie after smelling this scent which, can only be described at toilet cleaner, I am not very impressed with Miss Mary. Why would she create a perfume like this its just gross! The price of this perfume is rather expensive too 100ml is a wooping £90 pounds!! The sample received is 1.5ml so equivalent to £1.35


Next product is Rituals Magic Touch. This product is basically a body cream, but what makes it different is the fact it has been whipped to give a lovely light feel on the skin. The smell of this is amazing its a cross between lush and christmas if that makes any sense.

The packaging is simple yet really feminine, but the best part about this product is the effect it has on your skin.. I have been using this on my skin since Friday and my skin feel so soft and nourished :)

The full size price of this product (200ml) is £15, which makes the sample I received £5 for 70ml, not bad really.





I was quite surprised to see a full size Seche nail polish in my box I have heard about there top coat which has won awards for being super fast drying and amazing. I got the shade Lumiere, which if I'm honest isn't my favourite colour ever but I'm sure one of my friends will like it. I did try it on my nails though to see how the quality was and I must say it was lovely left a great shine and protected my natural nail.

Like I said before this is a full size nail polish and the price of one of these is £9.95, so its not your cheapest but I think if I found a shade I really loved, as a treat to my self, I might purchase.




Up next is Sebamed Anti dry Night cream I'm not too sure about this product as I havn't really ever used a night cream but I have used this on the dry patches of skin I have on my face and they have drastically cleared up so I guess it must be doing some thing good to my skin even if I'm not sure what.

The full price product of this is 50ml for £9.99 which makes my sample worth £1.99.








My favourite product in this Glossybox has to be the Sleek Lipstick I received. I had my work xmas party last night and had been planning to buy a new red lipstick for the event but thanks to Glossy box I didn't have to. I had a few complements on the colour which was nice :)  The colour I got is called O.M.G which is possibly the best name for a lipstick ever!!

So Sleek isn't the most expensive brand but after trying this lipstick I definitely think I will be looking into getting more of their products.
This lipstick is a full size of 3.5g and its worth £4.99.


So that was all the samples I received now onto the surprise gift from Glossybox. A blush from Kryolan in the shade rosewood. Its a lovely dusky rose colour and perfect for this time of year. As its a surprise Im afraid I don't know how much the product is worth but I'm glad to have received it anyway.


I really like this months box like I said my favourite product was probably the lipstick but every thing will be used. ( except the lemon perfume yuk!) The total price of my Glossybox this month is £23.28 which is great.


If your interested in joining Glossybox visit their website!!

Tarra x

No comments:

Post a Comment