Thursday 10 January 2013

Mini make-up haul...

This week I have got some new make up. I made an order on E.L.F.com because there was a 50% sale section and on all full prices items 25% off so it was a great time to buy some bits and bobs. I also took advantage of the discounts in Boots getting a few products. Time for me to show you what I picked up :)
So the first things I got from E.L.F were these brushes. The quality is great they feel lovely on my skin and have very minimal bristle fall out. The foundation brush I got was separate to the rest of the set. The set was meant to be £20 and I got it for £12.50. As for the foundation brush this should have been £5.50 but was down to £3. I definitely recommend these brushes if your budget wont stretch to Mac or Sigma.


Next in the haul is E.L.F's Flawless Finish Foundation in the shade Porcelain. This foundation has a medium coverage and leaves the skin looking dewy and healthy. The added bonus of it having SPF 15 in it is great. This foundation should have been £6.75 and with the discount I received it for £5.00.
I am trying out lots of different foundations at the moment to try and find one to suit my skin perfectly.


I bought an eyelid primer because I've never tried one out before and I want to see if it makes much difference to how your eye shadows goes on. This should have been a bargain any way at £1.50 but with the sale it went down to £1.10 which is a great price just to try out a product.

And finally from E.L.F I got a nail varnish, if you read my blog you will know I'm obsessed with nail varnishes. When I saw this one was only £1 in the sale I had to get it. The colour is a little different to how it looked on the website which is a shame but its still a nice wearable colour.

Right onto stuff I got from Boots. First up is another foundation. I have heard a lot about this foundation and how good the formula is with people comparing it to Nars Sheer Glow foundation. Rimmel's wake me up foundation is already a favourite of mine and I haven't had it long. I love the feel it has on my skin and the finish is medium coverage but it is build able which is good. A added bonus is the smell, it smells lush which I'm not really used to in a foundation so was a nice surprise.
The shade I got is 100 Ivory, I think this is a good shade for my colouring but a smidge to much on      my face and I think it would leave me looking a little orange in places. This foundation should have been £8.99 but I got it for £5.99 which is a super price :)

Next is Rimmel's Scandaleyes Mascara. This is in extreme black, which I love the darker and defined my lashes are the better. It was meant to be £6.99 but I got £2 pounds off so it was £4.99. Not bad really I will maybe do a review of this mascara once I have been using it a while.

Finally its time for me to jump on the Revlon Lip Butter craze. Almost every beauty blogger/ youtuber goes on about how amazing these are and so I thought 'hmm' lets try one out and see if they are as good as people say they are. I got the shade Peach Parfait because when I swatched them all on my hand this one was my favourite. One of the main things I like about this product is the packaging I think its really different to anything I've seen before. It should have been £7.99 but I got it for £5.00. I am going to wear this for the next few days to see how I feel about them and if I like it I might go back for some more of the colours :)



So there you have it my mini make-up haul. There are so many sales right now its great because it means I can try out lots of new products!


Have you used any of these products before?

Tarra x


No comments:

Post a Comment